On the first Sunday of every month, at 7 p.m., Eyedrum does a show on WREK (91.1 FM / www.wrek.org) that features nuggets from Eyedrum's archive of live performances.
After the show airs "live", you can listen to it via WREK's 7-day archive if you forget to tune in. Here are the direct links to Sunday Special streams: lo-fi or hi-fi. These streaming links from WREK expire 7 days after the show airs on the radio.
But wait, there's more! We now have a podcast available, for those of you who have discovered podcasting. You can also just download the whole show (right click on "download") although be forewarned that the file is over 50 MB in size. These podcast and download links will NOT expire for months to come -- download and listen!
In our penultimate show, we played just a few artists/bands, but long sets from each. First up was Lukas Ligeti, who is playing Oct 1st with Klimchak; his Don Buchla Marimba Lumina features prominently in his recordings and you'll get a good intro to that intrument at the upcoming show since Klimchak plays one too. Then we placed a long set by Parachutes, a large electronic/rock ensemble from Iceland, followed by an excerpt of the set by Paal Nilssen-Love and Frode Gjerstad, and finally Thank You, a band from Baltimore, wrapped up the show. Believe it or not, these three groups all played the same night at Eyedrum. Be sure to mark two dates on your calendar: on Oct 5th we'll have our last radio show, and on Oct 11th we'll have our big 10th anniversary party at Eyedrum. Ten freaking years, can you believe it?
Hawnay Troof is the electronic pop solo project of Vice Cooler. Since forming in the late nineties the band has built a long list of collaborators including Soft Pink Truth, BARR, Mika Miko, Allison Wolfe, Gravy Train!!!!, and Stereo Total. The debut full length Get Up: Resolution: Love! (Retard Disco, 2003) put the band on a successful worldwide tour including its first shows in Iceland, Australia, and New Zealand.
In 2005 Hawnay Troof released the critically acclaimed Community followed by the Double LP and photobook Dollar and Deed (Retard Disco/ Southern, June 2006). The album was followed by a twenty month world tour playing such places as Egypt, United States, China, and the festival circuit in Europe. The tour ended in November 2007 with a month's worth of dates in Europe with Stereo Total.
* He is currently finished his new lp which is set for a August/ September 2008 release.
* Hawnay Troof has been invited to play such countries as Iceland, Egypt, New Zealand and Australia.
* Vice Cooler was a guest speaker at the Peaches and John Waters 2005 Christmas show at UCLA.
* His 2006- 2007 Rhinestone Suit was made by the L.A. design team Boho.
* In 2007 Henry Rollins said on his radio show, Harmony In My Head, that "I have always admired people who are all the way into their work to the point where the separation between the art and the artist disappears. Most never even get close..." when talking about Vice Cooler and Hawnay Troof.